Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Sucking of Tim Tebow

Welcome to Mad Dawg's Mad Mad World.  I'm your host, William "Mad Dawg" Berry.  This blog will be in conjunction with the YouTube show that will be released in the very near future.  Since this is my blog about my opinions, there may be some controversial comments made.  There may be some opinions shared that do not fall within the realm of popular opinion.  I you find my posts to be rather offensive or against what you would deem normal, I say this to you; Nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.  Ths is Mad Dawg's Mad Mad World.  In this world, I'm the presdent, the emperor, the king.  I'm Michael Jackson, and the rest of y'all are the Jackson 5.

Speaking of being a star, when did it become possible to be a star attraction for sucking? No, I'm not talking about Justin Beiber or Lil Wayne, this time. I'm talking about Tim "I can't play quarterback until the final five minutes of the game" Tebow.

Let me preface this by saying that I could care less what his religious beliefs are, nor do I care about what he does or doesn't do behind closed doors.  I am merely concerned with what I see on the field of play, and what I've seen isn't much.  During the 2011 season, Tebow threw for 1,729 yards with a 46.5 completion rate.  Not only did this put him in 31st place among quarterbacks in term of yards, his completion percentage was the lowest.

Now I know the argument that everyone likes to put forth when it comes to Mr. Tebow; Tebow wins games.  To that, I say this; that is complete hogwash.  If the game is close within the last five minutes, that offence was efficient enough to score.  Here is the problem though.  Late in the game, the defense is trying to protect everything deep.  The running game is of little concern becaue it eats up clock.  Here is where praise for Tebow is warranted.  With Tebow on the field, it essentially gives your offense a second or third running back on the field depending on your formation.  Linebackers have a hard time defending against him because of his toughness.  Lineman have a hard time catching him because of his speed.  However, he is NOT accurate!  (Again, he completed lss than 50 percent of his passes.)   So why is he getting all he glory?  Because he had a receiver who could make plays DESPITE how bad his QB is.  I call this the "Mark Sanchez Syndrome."

So again, why is Tebow getting all the credit for the Broncos winning season last year when, for 55 minutes, he stunk up the stadium?  I call this the "Ben Rothlesberger Conundrum."  It doesn't matter what the player does prior to the game winning drive means nothing to a lot of fans.  If the final drive results in a game winning score, the QB is praised.  If it results in a loss, then we look back at the entire game.

I REFUSE to fall subject to this conundrum.  Tim Tebow is a horrible player.  He was horrible in Florida (God only knows how he won the Heisman), and he was horrible in Denver.  Now I'm going out on a limb and predicting that he is going to be horrible in that travelling freak show they call the New York Jets. I will say this; Tim Tebow will fit in nicely with the Jets.  Why?  Because he is as overhyped as they are.  Who knows, he my flourish and the Jets may become contenders.  But I doubt it.

Thanks for reading.  This has been Mad Dawg saying thank you for visitng my world.  May your life be filled with love , peace and chicken grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment